Welcome!

Welcome! This blog is a collection of my projects past, present and future! I love repurposing furniture and working on projects around my home. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vintage Dresser Re-do & TV Space

I recently decided to redo my TV space. Before, we had a old school big screen that took up most of the space. The wall behind, including the edges were painted a leafy green with a brown glazing over it. Well, we sold the TV and completely changed the look with a vintage dresser and updated TV that we have had for some time now. I must give a shout out to my amazing mother who helped tremendously with the execution of this project! Fist, I refinished this vintage dresser with the perfect shade of putty and a new, darker tint to the original hardware. It was a long process but turned out amazing. We took out 2 drawers to use as media holders. I also wallpapered the space. This also meant I had to paint over the green that use to be around the edges of the space. Fortunately, we had the same white wall paint left over from when we bought our house. Unfortunately the paint was a little old and made our house smell moldy/fume-y for a couple of days. Sorry Eric & Bennett!

Here is the dresser
Another view
The full view

No comments: